· Armenia's diplomats had chased a phantom, one that required them to fight an unwinnable twofront war against the Turks and the Bolsheviks. They lost everything as a result. No one put this point more bluntly than Kajaznuni, who in 1923 penned a powerful denunciation of the grandiose delusions of his political party, the Armenian Revolutionary Federation, which had dominated the politics of ...
Rock Aid Armenia. Life Aid Armenia Records Released Fall 1989. Track Listing. Smoke on the Water (Radio Mix – 5:12) Smoke on the Water (Extended Mix – 5:54) Paranoid (2:47) Personnel. Tony Iommi – Guitar on both tracks; Others: Bryan Adams, Geoff Beauchamp, Ritchie Blackmore, Bruce Dickinson, Geoff Downes, Keith Emerson, Ian Gillan, David Gilmour, Alex Lifeson, Brian .
· The rocks at the Armenian site resemble those at England's famous Stonehenge, but researches believe Carahunge is much older than its Wiltshire counterpart. According to one theory, England's Stonehenge was built as a burial site and monument to the dead, while Armenian Stonehenge was used to look up at the sky. Still, both famous sites are covered in .
· Armenian composer and musician Djivan Gasparyan plays duduk (a doublereed instrument made of peach wood) at a World Music Institute concert at Washington Square Church, New York, New York, January 12, 1994. (Photo by Jack Vartoogian/Getty Images) Armenia Karabakh Armenian Genocide Arts Culture International Armenian Folk Music Concerts film Film scores .
The geology of Armenia was shaped by geological upheaval pushed up the Earth's crust to form the Armenian Plateau 25 million years ago. This created the complex topography of Armenia.. The Lesser Caucasus range extends through northern Armenia, runs southeast between Lake Sevan and Azerbaijan, then passes roughly along the ArmenianAzerbaijani border to Iran.
Rock Aid Armenia. Life Aid Armenia Records Released Fall 1989. Track Listing. Smoke on the Water (Radio Mix – 5:12) Smoke on the Water (Extended Mix – 5:54) Paranoid (2:47) Personnel. Tony Iommi – Guitar on both tracks; Others: Bryan Adams, Geoff Beauchamp, Ritchie Blackmore, Bruce Dickinson, Geoff Downes, Keith Emerson, Ian Gillan, David Gilmour, Alex Lifeson, Brian May, Paul Rodgers ...
· Given the vast number of presently known rock art pieces in Armenia nearly 20 thousand Armenians 'reported' on their everyday experiences – hunting, dancing, cultivation of animals or fighting with predators – in forms of petroglyphs in particular already thousands of years ago. It's still hard to define the exact date of our great ancestors' creations: however, .
· These Armenian musicians, composers, record label owners, and producers were the children and grandchildren of genocide survivors and they played a pivotal role in forming the country's rich and ...
· Editor's note: The following is an adapted excerpt from Sharing the Burden: The Armenian Question, Humanitarian Intervention, and AngloAmerican Visions of Global Order by Charlie Laderman, published by Oxford University Press in 2019.. Last December, in what already seems like another era, the Senate joined the House of Representatives in voting overwhelmingly to recognize the Armenian ...
25 iconic musicians. Two and a half hours of stunning performance. More than 6,000,000 raised for Artsakh. Rock for Artsakh is all yours to experience again. Check out some of the many wonderful moments from this historic event, brought to you by Creative Armenia.
· Rock Aid Armenia Smoke on the water I cannot believe I had no idea about this music project. Just found the link to this YouTube video via Propeller. Must see! "This was a joint humanitarian effort by an elite group of musicians who gathered at Metropolis Studios in Chiswick, London on July 8, 1989 for a project to raise money to help those affected by the Leninakan .
· The vishap steles are considered a part of the rock art tradition of Armenia, and are therefore treasured as part of the country's rich heritage. Dating the Vishap Steles . The vishap is said to be the Armenian word for dragon. According to Armenian legends, the vishaps were powerful creatures who lived in high mountains, in big lakes, or in the clouds. Representations .
· Kindness Rocks Lifting Morale of Armenian People. February 22, 2021. Amidst the pandemic and the war in NagornoKarabakh, countless families have been suffering in silence. Behind every casualty of war there is a potential family marked with a scar they will have to bear for the rest of their lives. Naire PoghosyanMelkonyan is a teacher who lives in Yerevan, Armenia. She has been .
· The program "Rock Aid Armenia", the proceeds of which will be aimed at restoring the Gyumri school N6, damaged during the earthquake is ongoing. The program in Germany released a remix of "Smoke on the Water", which was recorded by a group of worldfamous rock stars in 1989, and all proceeds were donated to the fund helping the affected by the earthquake in Armenia.
· Armenia also has the Federation of Rock climbing which organizes different competitions and open championships. The first championship took place in 2009, the organizers of which was " Up the Rocks " club. It started from the Hrazdan canyon, continued in the Noravank's canyon, then Djoghk's gorge and finished in Garni's gorge.